Friday, December 18, 2009

Brown Sugar

The question most asked in one of my favorite movies of all time Brown Sugar is when is the first time you fell in love with Hip Hop? Well this post doesn't neccesarily have to do with the first time I fell in love with hip hop but it has to do with underground music because when I listen to underground artists I feel like i've fell in love with hip hop all over again The thing about underground artists is that their pure raw talent and they have this drive like no other. Underground artists put their passion and emotion into their music and I Love it when somebody can tap into the way I feel or change my mood drastically through a song. Thats one of the reasons I fell in love with music in the first place. I'm not really to fond of mainstream music anymore because it seems like once a lot of artists get signed they lose sight of what they were doing music for and thats the LOVE. They get caught up in the materialistic lifestyle and start rapping about topics they knew absolutely nothing about b4 they became famous. Can't really say its their fault in particular especially when record execs start telling them how to be them but thats a whole different story. Anywho enough of my rambling Here are some of the artists that I've discovered overtime or recently and have in rotation in my headphones.

Curren$y
(Been on him since he left young money and started dropping tape after tape. I feel like he could be my big brother or some shii kuz he's just in to fly shii.)

Wiz Khalifa
(also into the fly shii I stumbled upon him on youtube and been on him since flight school crazy part about it is after I discovered him is when him and Curren$y started collabing)

Wale
(1st album I went out and actually copped since Kanye dropped graduation sheesh thats been 2 whole years since *Not Really Underground but not too many people know about him or f'k w/ him*)

J.Cole

eMC
(they're not really new but I discovered them by hearing one of their songs at the end of the movie Hurricane Season sad part about it is they should be known)

Big Sean

Dom Kennedy
(Discovered him this week and dude is dope he brings that old school west coast flavor)

Nipsey Hussle
(realest nigga in hip hop gangbanging to me)

BoogzBoogetz
(didn't really know who he was until he followed me on twitter and I clicked one of his links and they led to his music video with Wiz Khalifa)

1 comment:

OhHusHiTZMAHBLoG said...

i second your notion on underground music =]