Sunday, March 1, 2009

Childhood Memories

Dang I wish somebody would have told me,
that my childhood was going to be the most precious
time in my life. Looking back on it all i'd give almost
anything to relive it. Reminiscing back to when all the homies
lived on the block. The original squad: Me, My Bro, Matthew, Ryan,
Frank, Chaz(whom I never really liked), Ike, and Johnathan(the only samoan).
I remember playing pokemon on the Gameboy Pocket(the second gameboy released) which was ancient and only released in silver and getting the gameboy color when it was first released. I remember me my brother and Ryan sitting on my front porch playing pokemon on my front porch until it was time for him to go home. I remember the super long drives to L.A. after school at my grandmas house with her one next door neighbor Chris who was the only other kid on that block besides me and my brother. I remember when playing outside till' it got dark was actually the thing to do and when we wanted entertainment me and the whole block would play tag and hide and go seek for it. I remember gardening with my grandma in her yard and her long walks she forced us to do with her old lady friend and tht big ol' cane to beat dogs with if they attacked her lmao. I remember the weekend functions at my aunts house with the fam until she passed away =( R.i.P. I remember the summertime trips to vegas and how happy I would be to go and how now family road trips are the worst. I remember switching from daycare to daycare having to make new friends at each one. I remember casette tapes before cds even existed. I remember the beepers and how they looked so dope to me even though I was so little I didn't know how to work it. I remember when cds did first come out and they released the ones with just the singles on it before the actual album came out. I remember when it was like 15bucks to go drop on an album but it was worth it just to hear one of your favorite artists. I remember when we first got cable and we had our illegal cable box you know what that meant FREE CABLE lmao yeah thats when we actually had all the good shows. Yeah good times. I miss it all. Good ol' 90's. If I could go back I would only thing I would add is sharing those memories with the friends that I have now. Well I couldn't get everything because this post would be way longer than it already is but these videos will catch alot of things I missed.



I guess this is kind of like a pt.2 too the last post.

No comments: