Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You Can't Help Everybody

The other day my dad told me I can't help everybody and I responded no I can't but I can help those that I choose to. This comment probably made him mad but hey thats just the way I see it. I know he said that because of some of the people I associate my self with and they don't always come off as people headed in the right direction but honestly at the end of the day I see people as people even if in the past they have acted as animals well not as animals but wrongfully. I'm sorry I just can't be judgemental because thats not my job. I've learned that I can't help somebody unless they want to help themselves and i've also learned that those who put up fronts like they don't want help are the ones who truly seek it the most. Often times they just don't lower that front until they come face to face with a life or death situation. I always finding myself helping my peers and feeding them knowledge and postive feedback on the situations they come to me about and the decisions they make but most importantly giving them an ear to listen. Sometimes I feel like thats all people need is an ear to listen and I know because I used to bottle everything up inside and let it eat me up because I had no one to listen to. A lot of times people who make dangerous decisions about something is because they had no one to talk to about it and to just listen to them about how they felt. Not all the time but a lot of the times. So all I want to say is if you know someone in need of help don't be afraid to lend a hand.

1 comment:

OhHusHiTZMAHBLoG said...

i feel... deep ish man...